You must read all these rules before participating in a PUG.
1) You must be able to play the whole thing before signing up. The whole war plays out to a total of 20 rounds of 4 minutes. You cannot leave before the match is finished or a winner has been decided.
2) You must enter the TO server and designated Vent server within a MAXIMUM of 10 minutes after the teams have been picked. Failure to do so will result in a temp. ban.
3) You cannot sign up for a PUG and go AFK. If a game starts while you are AFK, you will be temp banned.
4) You must be respectful of others and not start any flames on vent. You have to be civil, and any complains about a particular player behaving in such way will be punished as seen fit.
5) NO CHEATING OF ANY KIND. We do NOT allow ANY form of cheating no matter what happens in the pug. This includes radar/aimbot/3rd party programs, as well as in game bugs such as view-class and double-dodge. We do not run a cheat protection on the count that everyone in this community can play fairly at this point. Our admins are all expert player and it is easy to see when someone is cheating. Also, if someone on your team is cheating, please report them. TOPug is run by us and we pay for the vent and the server. It is not a right, but a privilege. This is how it stands right now, but if it becomes a problem, we will force everyone to run NATO Warpix. Cheating at ANY stage of the match (even in a blow out) will result in a PERMENANT ban.
6) Please do NOT become a captain if you do not know what you are
doing. If you must be a captain, please consult a player for help (preferably an admin).
7) NO aliasing. Period. In IRC, or in game. People need to know who they are picking, so teams are fair. There is absolutely ZERO aliasing permitted, and will result in a warning and a temp ban. We want to go through these PUGs quickly, and dont want the headache of trying to figure out who is who.
You must be on vent. You cannot sign up for a PUG without being able to go on vent. A microphone is recommended, but not required. However, you must let people know when you have no microphone before the teams are picked. It is preferred to add [noMic] to the end of your name on IRC.
9) Dont spam the channel, youll just be muted and its annoying.
10) When you change your name to sign up for a mix, please dont change it again unless you want to leave. Also, do NOT leave IRC until the captains finish picking teams.
11) You have to always put effort into every round. You cannot ruin the PUG by messing around all game long. The game is meaningless in the sense that the results wont be recorded, but the game is only fun when its competitive. This really applies to the top picks more than anything. We will have new players that will try to learn the game.
12) Be understanding of newer players, and the fact that they need practice more than anything. Bashing them will not do anything but frustrate them and make them play worse. Instead, encourage them and try to help them out.
13) If you are a new player, try to listen to the team captain for advice. He generally will be a pretty good source for tips and how to play the game in general.
14) Team work is key to having a competitive match, and you have to try your best to maintain it. Just because you are the best player on the team, doesnt mean you can ignore your team, or just mess around.
15) Picking a map should be pretty civilized. Generally, all players should type showvotetab in console and pick a map of their choice. The one that gets the most votes will be played. If this cannot be decided, the 2 captains should just discuss it in a civilized matter and figure it out.
16) No griefing. If your team is vastly superior, win 11-0 and play the next mix. Do not drag it out for the sake of torturing the other team. Also, wasting time in maps for no tactical advantage other than wasting time is also not recommended. If this is done severely, report it to an admin.
When you join #topugs, pugbot will assign a letter. In order to make yourself available for play, you must change your name to "letter" - something. For example, pugbot assigns letter "n", change your name to n-myname. To leave a PUG, you must change your name to something else without the n-. YOU CANNOT LEAVE WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR NAME BACK!
Once the player limit has been met, the bot will ask for captains to be picked. It will say something like type .captain4323 (numbers are set at random). First two players to type the proper line will be assigned captains. Then the bot will voice them and moderate the channel so no one can spam during team picks. The two captains will then alternate picking players until no players are left.